So Today I start the 5:2 diet.
So all guns blazing I am ready for this. I am sick of the way I look and how it makes me feel. I an 5"3 and weigh 10st 7. which puts my BMI at 26.5 That is 1.5 higher than the 18.5-25 healthy range... not alot, but enough to say I am slightly overweight.
I do not want to loose a drastic amount of weight, I have been skinny before. I do not belive at a skinny 8st7 it suited me or more importantly I felt good at that weight. I'm a girl that loves my boobs and bum (and so does my bf ). I do not want to be skinny, my aim is to be healthy and less flabby. My goal weight is between 9st and 9st5. So an aim of a BMI between 22.34 and 23.2. I do not have a date that I want to reach my goal weight, I would like it to be sooner than later. BUT I know that slow and stready eventually wins the race.
So the 5:2 works by eating a healthy diet 5 days a week (up days) and fasting for two days (down days) a week (max 500cals)
I have done some reading on the diet and I have discovered that there is a temptation to go crazy on the up days which cancels out the goodness and weight loss of the down days. So I a going to calorie count (to my best ability) on the up days allowing myself between 1500-2000 calories.
Also as I am feeling up to it I am also going to (for the time being) do 4 up days to 3 down days. Making this in fact a 4:3 diet. Down days being Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Up days being Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
I am a keen cook and think about 24/7 which is why I think this diet is for my because if I have a craving for a treat I would only have to wait until tomorrow. I hope to use this blog to catalogue my experiences and share any recipes I come up with to feed myself throughout this diet. I am not nutritionist and I have no education in the subject. Anything I post on here will be my own opinion, ideas and experiences. Some of it I will have researched some of it I have completely made up.
I hope to post what I eat each day, a weekly shopping basket, recipes and any experiences I have. I am attempting to post everything I eat to help keep track and count my daily calories, as well as give ideas of a daily menu. The shopping basket to keep track on cost and to see my plan meals in advance.
Up Days (1500-2000cals) will use symbol UD. And Down days (500cals) will use DD
I hope that if anyone sees this blog enjoyed reading about my experiences and I urge them to comment and share any info, ideas and tips if possible
Thank you,
Rhi x
No comments:
Post a Comment